Welcome to the George A. Smathers Libraries Career Development Handbook.
This handbook provides access to policies and procedures in the area of ranks and appointments, tenure and promotion, salaries, performance evaluation, and professional development.
The Career Development Handbook is administered by the Career Development Committee of the Library Faculty Assembly, to ensure that library faculty career development policies and practices best serve the faculty and conform to relevant university and United Faculty of Florida rules.
- Departmental Libraries
- Library West
(Adoption date: 3/20/2017)
– Incorporates “Tenure and Promotion Task Force Recommended Changes to T&P Criteria“
- Health Science Center Libraries
- Legal Information Center
- Marston Science Library
- Special and Area Studies Collections
- Technology and Support Services
* Regarding Tenure and Promotion criteria:
- Changes are effective one (1) year following adoption date.
- However, in the case of a tenure nomination for a faculty member who has at least three (3) years of tenure-earning credit as of the adoption date, the faculty member shall be evaluated under the tenure and promotion criteria as they existed prior to modification, unless prior to the commencement of the tenure or promotion consideration, the faculty member chooses to be evaluated under the revised criteria.
- Reference: UF-UFF CBA, ARTICLE 19: TENURE AND PROMOTION